Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cindy Sherman at The Gucci museum

Cindy Sherman is currently showing at the Gucci Museum in Florence. A great show consisting of her early work from 1976.  Cindy Sherman is an American artist who uses photography as her medium and is always uses herself as the model.  She dresses the part and fits the role becoming the various characters she portrays. Often times it is extremely difficult to find any trace of the artist the images. She pushes the images and ay preconceived notions regarding status, gender and race.  She questions stereotypes in a provocative and fascinating way. I've always been a big fan and I am very excited to see her in Florence. You can find more info here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I always look forward to hearing from my reader! It will just take a second and I will get your comment posted!

Don't be Shy! Share!