Tuesday, May 10, 2011

...Another One Opens

So did you know that one 'day' on the moon lasts approximately 29.8 Earth day? Well let's just say that I've been on moon time for the past week or so in terms of the blog updates. So that means that it's really only been a few hours since my last update!  Slow and Steady. It's my new motto. Wow, I've really become Italian haven't I? 

So here is an update on what has been happening in the 2 and a half months....

As many of you already know, I recently made the long awaited decision to quit my job.  A job that I held for many many years, and in fact the only job that I have ever had while living in Florence.  I will admit that it was a bit scary and a bit stressful. Not because I wasn't sure about the decision, but rather because it's scary to go from having a (some-what) stable income to not knowing how I am going to pay my bills.  But I knew that it had to be done and it had to be done now. If I didn't then another year would have passed and my personal goals would have once again been put on hold and all of my energy would have been used to make someone else prosper.

I won't lie, it's been a struggle, I've had my ups and downs with the decision, but I can say with complete and total assurance that I made the right one.  If I had any doubt about it everything was made crystal clear to me a few days ago. Let's just say I had a no so fond reminder of why I left in the first place.

I think that it is at the moment that we doubt ourselves the most that we receive that little sign, or (in my case) that glaring message that we did the right thing.  It's a moment of clarity that turns into a moment of focus and intent. It pushes us to truly go after our goals.

So what does this all mean? Well as many of you know, I am a "formally" trained artist. And I'm going to take a moment to brag here and say that I graduated from one the best art and design schools in the United States. Art Center College of Design is  know internationally and in fact has educated many important artist and designers.  So why shouldn't I brag, and why shouldn't I be proud of my education? I worked hard to get it. Why, why wouldn't I use it? So that is what I intend to do.  I have been working like crazy making new pieces and photographing them as well as working on a new web site.   It's hard. It's a lot of work and so far I haven't sold a single piece of jewelry. But that's ok, I will not get discouraged, I have received some great feedback and I do believe I am well on my way. 


I have to say that it feels good to make myself a priority for once and focus on what is truly important to me.  All of this combined with the apartment rental, which has been keeping me busy and also making sure that I get my work outs in everyday (I am oh-so-close to the -20 lbs mark I can taste it!) That,  and organizing an itinerary/tours/accommodation for my family who will be here in about 3 weeks!  


So on that note, I will do my absolute best to write again soon! Please check out the new site, I will be posting new photos this evening as well, so there will be some new work up as well.


Remember, we're on moon time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I always look forward to hearing from my reader! It will just take a second and I will get your comment posted!

Don't be Shy! Share!