Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Time Flies....Never underestimate the power of the jet.

....Lag that is.  We are now officially back in Florence. It's good to be home. I am always amazed however, at how quickly the time goes. Trying to catch up with everyone and spend time with the whole family (all 22 of them) makes it go by even faster. As my nieces and nephews get older, some of them in their teens and early 20's, our relationships change and we spend time together in a whole different way, its almost like hanging out with friends and really having interesting conversations with them. Its incredible to think about them as adults and wonderful to listen to their hopes and goals for their futures. Yet again another reminder at how quickly the time passes. One moment they are 8 and then they are going to college.

So it's no wonder that the whole trip went by so fast as well. One moment we felt as though we just arrived and then all of a sudden we were back on the plan heading eastbound and that time flies right along with you. I always know that it is going to take me a least a full week to get myself back on track and back in the right time zone, I know it is going to be hard, but yet somehow, I always forget exactly how difficult it really is. California is 9 hours behind Italy. That's almost a full day and certainly a full nights sleep, so when I would be going to bed in L.A, its time to wake-up in Italy. I've been ok for  a few hours in the morning, I manage to get myself up and out to the gym and try and work up some energy, but  then at about 2:00 (like right now) in the afternoon, I feel like I've just taken a Valium and it takes every ounce of energy I have to keep myself awake. If I don't there is a pretty good chance I will be awake at 3:00am.  And even if I do manage to keep myself awake until 10:30, the sleep is restless at best, certainly not the energizing kind one would hope for. And there is no amount of coffee in the world that can stop it.

It never ceases to amaze me however, how in just a few hours you can be all the way on the other side of the world. This time it really did go by relatively quick, I actually was able to sleep on the plane which I never do and with only a one hour lay over in Paris we were home and in our bed in what seemed like no time. Our baggage didn't make it, but like I told my husband, it was just one less thing for us to have to worry about. They brought it right to our front door the next morning. This Friday will be one week exactly that we have been back so I am hoping that I will be ready to get back to life and [blogging] as usual by then.

But right now I need to get off this couch and go for a little walk otherwise all of my efforts will have been in vain!

I will be back in a day or two with a much more interesting story!
Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I always look forward to hearing from my reader! It will just take a second and I will get your comment posted!

Don't be Shy! Share!